The Center for Disease Control reports that up to 85% of all illness are caused by toxins and pollutants in our bodies. That is an astonishing number. With all this new information out there, healthy lifestyle choices might be hard to navigate. Being a little unsure of where to start is completely normal. The first step really is realizing that something has to be done.
Natural health care practitioners and physicians all over the world know and recognize the need for detoxification. Although the human body was designed to handle a relatively large amount of toxins, our modern environment is contaminated to the point that most people need assistance to regain and maintain optimum health. This is where the Ionic Foot Detox comes in[i].
According to many forms of allopathic or holistic medicine an alkaline body is crucial to a persons health. Lets go back to 5th or 6th grade science. Do you remember taking those paper sticks and dipping them into varies substances to find out the acidity or the alkalinity?
The acidity or alkalinity of a substance is measured using the pH scale. The pH scale runs from 0 to 14, with 0 being the most acidic, 14 being the most alkaline, and 7 being neutral.
According to various health care professionals, our bodies’ pH balance must run very close to a 7.4. That is just a tad past neutral on the alkaline side. If your bodies’ pH level varies too much from this ideal, it becomes difficult for various enzymes to function properly and allows diseases to thrive in an acidic environment.
So basically, the less acidic your body is and the more alkaline, the less prone you are to contracting a disease.[ii]
- Through the use of meridian points and the pores in the soles of our feet, the Ionic Foot Detox helps to release blockages or contaminants in our bodies. An Ionic Foot Detox helps to neutralize and remove charged toxins from the body.
Here’s how the process works:
A bath of water and sea salt is charged with AC/DC currents to separate the neutral molecules from the charged positive and negative particles. This is not a new science. The use of magnetism has been found throughout most of our world’s traditional medicines. Anyway, the acidic charged toxins from the body are pulled out of the body by osmosis. Remember the path of least resistance? Through cellular membranes in the body, the toxins can pass through due to the highest concentration of negative ions in the water. With the release of toxins, the water can start to show signs of what areas may need to be addressed and detoxed more aggressively.
Okay, so here is the cool part. Your sitting there, relaxing, kicking back just waiting to see if you can either feel something beside the relaxing warm water or see what toxin might be coming out of your feet and…
BAM-POP-FIZZEL– the water turns brown! You start to shift uncomfortably in your seat. “What going to come out of me, Oh Lord?” You disclaim in a hurry.
Back down from the day dreamed hypothesis and setting all things aside.
Don’t freak out. Do to the charged currents and some natural minerals in the water it is going to turn brown.
Just to give you an idea of what we are looking for, here are some clues as to what to look for besides the brown color. No, it’s not the chocolate cake you ate last night!
- Yellows and Green hues in the water
- This might indicate toxins removed from the urinary tract, kidneys, prostate or vaginal area.
- A dark green indicates the presence of gallbladder toxins.
- Orange/Brownish Black indicates toxicity in the liver area, joints and cellular waste products.
- Black Flecks can indicate a heavy metal removal
- Red Flecks
- Red coloring in the water, including red flecks, indicate removal of toxins associated with blood clotting and blood disorders, such as anemia.
- White Coloring and Particles
- White coloring indicates clearance of problems in the lymphatic system. The system that helps the immune system distributes white cells throughout the body.
- White particles that appear cheese-like indicate problems with yeast that are being removed.
For more information on the meridian points, check out our information page for our Reflexology.
[i] “Ionic Foot Detox.” Information. Unknown. Web. 8 June2015
[ii] Adamo, Christine. “The Ionic Foot Detox: Fact or Myth.” Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. Unknown. Web. 8 June 2015